Sports Betting Seminar
An ALA/WLA joint seminar – Hosted by La Marocaine des Jeux et des Sports
Illegal sports betting has increased dramatically since the millennium. Sport is now a big target for criminal organizations, consequently leading to risks for public authorities. This seminar is addressed to decision makers, sports betting managers, staff in charge of security, risk management and experts in marketing and communication.
African Lotteries are able to play an important role in this area:
- Provide States with their dedicated expertise on sports betting and manipulations of sports competitions ;
- Through privileged relations with Ministries of Sport, they are able to establish links between African Governments, international institutions focusing on sport integrity (Council of Europe, UNESCO) and the sport movement (International Olympic Committee) ;
- Demonstrate their social responsibility through a « reasonable and responsible sports betting supply ».
The seminar organised by ALA in Casablanca - Morocco (17 and 18 April 2018) both targets decision makers, sports betting managers, staff in charge of security, risk management and experts in marketing and communication. It aims at answering the following questions :
- What are the new challenges and risks for sports betting in Africa ?
- Why is now sport integrity an important matter for public authorities ?
- Which role could Lotteires play in this changing environment ?
- How could ALA Members define a «reasonable sports betting supply» on a cooperative way?
- WLA joint seminar – Hosted by La Marocaine des Jeux et des Sports