Legal and tax seminar
A WLA/ALA Event – Hosted by LONACI (Loterie Nationale de Côte D’Ivoire)
The legal and regulatory frameworks of the lottery and betting sector in many countries are and will remain complex. Dealing with regulators can be challenging. This WLA / ALA seminar will provide lottery and betting legal experts with an excellent opportunity to share information on some of the most important regulatory issues facing the lottery and betting sector today. Legal experts from Africa will provide insights into the legal landscape on the continent, while legal experts from Europe will provide a global perspective on regulatory issues.
Themes covered in this seminar will include:
- Best regulatory practices
- How to create a modern framework to regulate the lottery and gaming market
- Regulator challenge: financing a lottery
- Competition law: the distribution and exchange of information
- Common lottery games – how to structure them
- The specifics of horse race betting
- The regulation of lotteries and games of chance – four case studies
Additionally, in a special session, tax models for African lotteries will be discussed.