IGT recognized by CDP for environmental stewardship
Achievement includes improved Climate Change Program score
LONDON, U.K. – International Game Technology PLC (“IGT”) (NYSE:IGT) has been recognized by the CDP (formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project) 2017 Climate Change Program for its commitment and actions in fighting climate change. The Company obtained a score of A-, placing IGT in the Leadership Band and improving its 2016 score of B. In 2017, CDP increased the requirements necessary for corporations to receive Leadership status, making the program more competitive than in previous years.
IGT’s A- score demonstrates the effectiveness of IGT’s sustainability initiatives, and confirms that the Company’s efforts are in line with the Paris Agreement goals set in 2015 to limit global warming. While a Management score indicates that a company is taking coordinated action on climate change issues, a Leadership score shows that a company has implemented current best practices.
“This recognition, in addition to our improved score, demonstrates IGT’s commitment to continuous improvement, and is especially significant given that CDP has made its requirements more stringent,” said Robert K. Vincent, IGT Executive Vice President, Administrative Services and External Relations. “At the same time that we’re celebrating this achievement, we are continuing to seek more ways to reduce emissions and energy consumption across our global business.”
In its application, IGT demonstrated that:
- It increased its environmental data reporting due to an internal web-based tool, which provides a more comprehensive overview of the Company’s environmental impacts;
- It significantly reduced its emissions; and
- It maintained its Environmental Management Systems in accordance with the ISO 14001 global standard.
IGT’s approach to environmental activities is guided by the following principles:
- Regularly assessing goals for improving environmental performance;
- Following operating guidelines that protect the environment, employees’ health and safety, and the communities in which the Company operates;
- Complying with current regulations;
- Ongoing improvement of pollution prevention;
- Reducing the environmental impact of production processes in an economically effective way;
- Providing employees with the resources they need to achieve established environmental goals; and
- Reporting on the environmental impact of its business performance in a transparent manner.
CDP is an independent, non-profit organization that manages a global disclosure system for companies to manage their environmental impacts, and for investors to access environmental information for use in financial decisions. According to the CDP, disclosure has never been more important, and action starts with transparency. IGT voluntarily participates in the program.
About IGT (www.igt.com)
IGT (NYSE:IGT) is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Interactive and Social Gaming. Leveraging a wealth of premium content, substantial investment in innovation, in-depth customer intelligence, operational expertise and leading-edge technology, our gaming solutions anticipate the demands of consumers wherever they decide to play. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has approximately 13,000 employees. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.
Robert K. Vincent,
toll free in U.S./Canada (844) IGT-7452;
outside U.S./Canada (401) 392-7452
Telephone: (401) 392-7190
for Italian media inquiries
Telephone: (+39) 06 51899030