Job Opportunity: GLMS seeks a Projects Manager, Communications & Administration (100 %)
Founded by the World Lottery Association (WLA) and the European Lotteries (EL), and located in the Loterie Romande offices in Lausanne, Switzerland, the Global Lottery Monitoring System (GLMS) is the Lotteries’ integrity body. GLMS primarily aims at detecting and analyzing suspicious betting activities worldwide that could question the integrity of a sport competition. GLMS facilitates the sharing of sports betting information as part of the collective efforts of its members in ensuring sports integrity globally.
- Communications: Producing the content for all communication platforms, updating the GLMS website and social media, drafting press releases and handling relations with the press.
- Administration: Ensuring a strong administration for GLMS, ensuring compliance with Swiss Commerce register, ensuring compliance with Statutes, organizing Executive Committee Meetings and General Assemblies, coordinating with the accountant for financial matters and payments, preparing and sending out invoices to members regarding the annual membership fee.
- Projects: Following and contributing to projects GLMS is part of and exploring possibilities of joining future projects.
- Membership & Stakeholders Relations: Ensuring strong relations with members and stakeholders, replying to queries whenever necessary, supporting the association’s strategy towards acquisition of new members and partners.
- Policy & Regulatory: Following relevant policy & regulatory developments at a national, EU and international level, and proposing actions whenever applicable.
Your educational & professional background:
- You have a University Degree – a Master Degree is an asset – background ideally in Communications, Law, Political Science, International Relations or Journalism.
- You have a strong interest in Legal Matters.
- You have a good understanding of sports betting.
- At least 4 years of previous working experience, ideally in an international organisation.
- Experience within the sports integrity sector, a Lottery/sports betting operator or a sports organization is a strong asset.
- Autonomous, you have excellent organizational and procedural abilities; you can prioritise a heavy workload and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and in two other European languages (preferably French, Spanish).
- You have excellent presentation skills and you have experience in preparing powerpoint presentations as well as briefing notes.
- You are driven by values and you are committed to integrity, as a way of life.
- You have experience in working in a fast-moving, multicultural and multilingual environment, with a “can-do” attitude.
- You are Customer-Oriented and you have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Solution oriented, pragmatic and quick thinking.
Additional information on www.glms-sport.org
About GLMS (glms-sport.org)
GLMS is the state lotteries’ mutualized monitoring system on sports betting. It aims at detecting and analyzing suspicious betting activities that could question the integrity of a sport competition. Building on six years of experience with the establishment in 2009 of ELMS with European Lotteries, GLMS went global in January 2015 extending the network to other continents. GLMS facilitates the sharing of sports betting information as part of the collective efforts of its members in ensuring sports integrity globally, and is dedicated to effective cooperation with all key stakeholders: regulators, law enforcement authorities, sports organizations.
GLMS currently has 32 individual Members from 4 continents (Österreichische Lotterien – Austria, Loterie Nationale – Belgium, Hrvatska Lutrija – Croatia, SAZKA – Czech Republic, Danske Spil – Denmark, Veikkaus – Finland, La Française Des Jeux – France, Staatliche Loterieverwaltung in Bayern – Germany, Opap SA – Greece, Szerencsejatek – Hungary, Islenk Getspa – Iceland, Israel Sports Betting Board – Israel, Lottomatica – Italy, Sisal – Italy, Maltco Lotteries Ltd – Malta, Norsk Tipping – Norway, Santa Casa De Misericordia da Lisboa – Portugal, STOLOTO – Russia, Sportna Loterija – Slovenia, Svenska Spel – Sweden, Loterie Romande – Switzerland, Swisslos – Switzerland, Nederlandse Loterij, the Netherlands, Hong Kong Jockey Club – Hong Kong, Singapore Pools – Singapore, Ktoto Co – South Korea, China Sports Lottery – China, Loto-Québec – Canada, Polla Chilena de Beneficencia – Chile, Banca de Quinielas de Montevideo – Uruguay, La Marocaine des Jeux et des Sports – Morocco, Loterie Nationale du Sénégal – Senegal) and 2 collective Members (European Lotteries Association and World Lottery Association).
GLMS has 3 associate Members: Scientific Games International (SGI), INTRALOT and IGT.