Camelot appoints Louise Hanlon as Deputy Head of Corporate Responsibility
Appointment will bolster CAMELOT’s work in CR
Camelot UK Lotteries Limited (‘Camelot’), operator of the UK National Lottery, today announced that Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability (CR&S) champion Louise Hanlon has been appointed as its Deputy Head of Corporate Responsibility. The move will bolster Camelot’s CR team, as the company looks to build on its impressive work in this area and deliver on its strategic goals in 2020 and beyond.
Louise brings 15 years’ experience with her to the newly-created role, having previously held senior and manager-level positions at leading companies spanning a range of industries, including KFC UK & Ireland, Symantec, Kellogg’s and BUPA. During her career, she has been a driving force behind strategic CR&S projects nationally and globally, delivering results-focused impact and engagement across all operational areas of business.
Prior to joining Camelot, Louise was Senior Sustainability Manager at KFC UK & Ireland – where she championed business sustainability through large-scale projects, including the removal of plastic straws, and the implementation and roll-out of paper straws across KFC restaurants ahead of single use plastic legislation in 2020.
Camelot’s Head of Corporate Responsibility, Alison Gardner, said: “We are delighted to welcome Louise as Deputy Head of Corporate Responsibility. Her extensive experience at leading companies from a broad range of industries gives her valuable knowledge and expertise, and demonstrates her ability to deliver in new CR&S environments. We’re looking forward to everything that we’ll achieve with her on-board.”
Louise said, “I’m thrilled to join Camelot’s CR team at what is an exceptionally busy but exciting time for the business. It’s important for businesses to be always looking to enhance their CR&S credentials, especially at a time when the focus on ethical business operation is at its greatest ever – and Camelot’s longstanding and proven commitment to CR was an important part of my decision to join the team here.”
- Camelot UK Lotteries Limited is the licensed operator of The National Lottery® and is committed to raising money for National Lottery Good Causes designated by Parliament. Camelot is not responsible for distributing or awarding these funds.
- On average, Camelot generates around £30 million each week for National Lottery-funded projects. In total, over £40 billion has now been raised and more than 565,000 individual grants have been made across the UK – the equivalent of around 200 lottery grants in every UK postcode district.
- The National Lottery has so far awarded over £73 billion in prizes and created more than 5,500 millionaires or multi-millionaires since its launch in 1994.
- Camelot was one of the first organisations in the UK to achieve GamCare accreditation for its interactive services and has now been accredited since 2003 – underlining the effectiveness of the robust measures it has in place to prevent excessive and underage play.
- In 2019, Camelot was the first lottery operator and one of the first online gaming operators to achieve Advanced Level 2 of GamCare’s Safer Gambling Standard.
- Camelot has held the World Lottery Association (WLA) Responsible Gaming Certification Level 4 - which is the highest possible certification - since its inception.
- Camelot has held the European Lotteries (EL) Responsible Gaming Certification since it was created - gaining the accreditation four times in total - and is currently accredited until 2022.
- The UK National Lottery is ranked just 66th in the world in terms of per capita spend, despite being the sixth largest lottery in the world by sales – underlining the effectiveness of Camelot’s strategy to encourage lots of people to play but to only spend relatively small amounts (Source: La Fleur’s 2019 World Lottery Almanac).
- For further information on Camelot, The National Lottery and its games, please visit: www.camelotgroup.co.uk and www.national-lottery.co.uk.
- Players of all National Lottery games must be aged 16 or over.
- Camelot Lottery Solutions is the trading name of Camelot Global Lottery Solutions Limited – a leading lottery solutions and technology supplier to lotteries around the world.
Camelot Press Office: 020 7632 5711