Play for Society
Good Causes: Getting the Message Across
The WLA inaugurates the Play for Society project – a photograph and video exhibition depicting the worthy causes funded by WLA member lotteries around the world.
With Play for Society, we aim to provide member lotteries with a visual platform to showcase their beneficiaries and feature the good causes that their lotteries support. The project will also serve as a public reminder, that the funding of good causes is not only one of the basic criteria for WLA membership and a common thread between all WLA member organizations; it is the main objective of the entire lottery industry.
Participation is free of charge.
Photograph and video display
Selected photos and videos will be used by our media agency to produce a video collage or as stand-alone images/videos.
All the material received will be published in the WLA website and shared on social media channels. Each photo and video will be complemented by the details you provide to us (titles, descriptions, etc.), as requested below.
As the video collage might appear without sound or with a soundtrack, we recommend you produce short, engaging videos with strong images that will get the message across, even when played silently or with a soundtrack.
How to Participate
All WLA lottery members can take part to the project by sending photographs and/or videos representing and highlighting the cause(s) supported by the lottery.
To send large files, please use WeTransfer
What should I send?
- Photograph/s and/or video/s highlighting the cause(s) your lottery supports
- Title of each photograph and/or video
- A brief synopsis of each photograph and/or video series for publication
- Name and description of the good cause(s) supported, including:
- Area (education, culture, social activities, sports, etc.)
- Specific location(s) where the good cause has been supported
- Amount of funds dedicated to the particular cause
- Any other details about the beneficiary that you wish to share
By sending the photographs and pictures, lotteries authorize the WLA to use the graphic material online and on social media channels, as well as at WLA events and in publications. Lotteries also confirm that they hold all rights and permissions from individuals and places reproduced in the photographs and videos sent.
- Photographs can depict one or more good causes
- Each lottery may send one or more photographs
- Each photograph must be identified by a title and a brief synopsis
- All file types are accepted, though jpeg, tiff or raw images are preferred
- High resolution (min 72 DPI at 1920x1080 px) is required
- Landscape or portrait formats will be accepted
- Ideally, each video should present only one good cause supported by the lottery
- Each lottery may send one or more videos
- mp4 or .mov (QuickTime) files will be accepted
- Videos should be no longer than three minutes
- Video may be with or without sound.
- Only landscape format (i.e. horizontal) will be accepted
- Videos taken with mobiles phones will be accepted provided the resolution is sufficient