Lotteries grow 1.8% first-half on first-half; growth in Asia Pacific offset by sales in North America.
Lotteries worldwide improved marginally on their modest start to 2017, with reporting lotteries posting a second-quarter on second-quarter aggregate increase in sales of 2.7%, for a first-half on first-half aggregate increase in sales of 1.8%. As in Q1 2017, positive growth in Asia Pacific was offset by a contraction in sales in North America.
The 2018 WLA/EL Marketing Seminar, hosted by Camelot, will explore how “Thinking SMALL!” is the key to attracting and retaining lottery customers.
The WLA is looking for a Coordinator for their IT Security Control Standard Certification Program (100%)
The World Lottery Association (WLA) is a global, non-profit, member-based organization that represents the interests of more than 145 state-authorized lottery organizations from 80 countries, as well as more than 70 suppliers to the lottery industry. The WLA supports two internationally recognized standards for the lottery industry – the WLA Security Control Standard (WLA-SCS) and the WLA Responsible Gaming Framework (WLA-RGF).
The WLA-SCS is an internationally recognized security and risk management standard for the lottery sector. Built upon ISO 27001, a leading international standard for Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), the WLA-SCS couples ISMS best practices with additional lottery- and gaming-specific controls. WLA-SCS certification is open to all WLA Lottery Members and Associate Members (suppliers to the lottery industry).
The WLA-SCS is overseen by a committee of security specialists – from WLA member lottery organizations – known as the WLA Security and Risk Management Committee (WLA SRMC).
For its head office in Basel, Switzerland the association is currently seeking an individual to support the organization as a
IT Security Committee Coordinator
Coordinating all aspects of the WLA IT Security Control Standard certification program, your tasks will include but not be limited to the following:
- Liaise with the WLA SRMC Chairperson and more generally, the WLA SRMC
- Liaise with WLA-SCS approved auditors on certification matters
- Liaise with WLA member organizations on security matters
- Coordinate the issuing of WLA-SCS certificates
- Maintain all records relating to WLA-SCS member certification
- Liaise with auditors seeking to serve as WLA-SCS auditors
- Serve as point of contact between the WLA SRMC and the WLA Executive Director
- Coordinate and prepare all WLA SRMC meetings
- Take minutes of the WLA SRMC meetings and ensure their timely distribution to the committee members and the WLA Executive Director
- Prepare any presentations that are necessary for SRMC meetings
- Update and maintain all WLA-SCS related documentation
- Manage promotional activities for the WLA-SCS certification program
- Other tasks at the discretion of the Senior Operations Manager for Program Management, to whom you will report on a daily basis
You are an energetic and well-organized individual who can work independently and yet integrate into a small team. You have an Information Technology (IT) education or have worked at least five years in the field of IT, ideally in the area of information security. You are fluent in English (preferably, a native English speaker) and have good command of the German language. Proficiency in either French or Spanish is highly desirable. You round out your profile with highly developed interpersonal skills; a diplomatic, professional approach to stakeholder management; and the ability to interact with and influence colleagues at all levels, including senior executives and technical personnel.
We offer you:
An exceptional position in a lively environment with high ethical standards. Interesting international contacts and the opportunity to use your language skills on a daily basis. Responsibility and the freedom to develop professionally. The prospect of applying your broad experience to meet challenges and make a difference in an important, renowned, world-class organization. A motivated and supportive team in an attractive working atmosphere.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send a complete Curriculum Vitae (CV), with photo, along with any relevant certificates to:
Senior Operations Manager, Program Management
World Lottery Association
Lange Gasse 20
- About us
- Responsible Gaming
- WLA Seminars
- Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Scam Protection
- Legal Advice